Matt Dragon Voice Talent
“Voice-acting for as long as I have has opened up a life unimagined. And, it’s not so much about the money. It’s about independence, for me, and knowing I’ve helped the client’s efforts to communicate and achieve their goals.”
- Over 25 years’ experience in voice-over, narration, and on-camera talent services–more than 12,000 separate projects, nation-wide.
- Provided voice and recording services for hundreds of clients throughout the U.S., including: Boeing, Hewlitt Packard, Xerox, Dupont, Hanford Nuclear Facility, Army Corp of Engineers, Delta Airlines, the Travel Channel, among others.
- Formerly, voice of Hollywood Video’s in-store promotional network, nation-wide.
- Currently, commercial voice-over “go-to voice” for NBC-affiliate NewsChannel 8, in Portland.
How did you get started?
I started out in the voice-over business at Disneyland Hotel in 1972. I babysat the videotape playback system in the hotel’s TV facility at night, and did a lot of studying for collage exams. I also did the voice work for commercials and promotional events at the hotel. But, my first paying gig was a narration for a marketing video. As I recall, it was for a vacuum cleaner of some sort…the guy paid me $150 in one-dollar bills all stuffed in an envelope. It took me two and a half decades, but I began freelancing as a full-time voice talent in 1997.
- Meals on Wheels volunteer driver
- Baby-sitter for my two grandkids
- B.A. – Communications, California State University, Fullerton, 1975. Communications Student of the Year, 1975.
I enjoy the Oregon Coast, wine tasting, golf (both playing and watching), a good novel and family gatherings. And, two grandkids can keep an old-timer like me pretty active.